Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

SoCaSoSe











Tashi delek!. This will be a late blog. It was January 1, 2011 4 AM, I am heading my way to Pasay Victory Liner Bus Terminal. I am a little bit tipsy that time, spent the new year eve with my old buddies. At the terminal, when the conductor called out for one chance passenger to Baguio no one answered, well because most of the passengers are traveling with their families, so from 5th in the line I answered me!, since I'm traveling alone. I climb up the bus with a smile in my face thinking (sometimes its better to travel alone).

They move people safer
January 1, 2011 1 PM, it was my first time in Baguio City. First thing in my mind is to find the bus heading to Banaue, Ifugao. I had a hard time finding it actually, so I rode a cab and told the driver to bring me to the terminal I'm looking for. He mumbled with words (which I did not understood) I just said "YES that terminal please". when we arrived indeed it was actually the terminal I'm looking for, again I smiled thinking this is gonna be fun (sometimes it's beneficial to go with the flow.lol).
The Eucalyptus among Pine trees at PMA


Philippine Military Academy



Right hand wing of SM City Baguio

Classic Burnham Park



Lunch at Baguio City


Baguio City night skyline


SM City Baguio at night

So that was the faces of Baguio. The KMS bus headed to Banaue, Ifugao departs at 9:30 PM. Travel time is approximately 8 hours, but we arrived 1 hour earlier, that means I have to wait for another 1 hour before I can walk down the town and find a place to stay. It was so called outside, I never experience this temperature my whole life. My breath is smoking cold its creeping up to my body because I was wearing short pants and sandals. I had a little chat with an American tourist fellow passenger, he ask me why I'm not wearing hiking attire since I'm going to the terraces, I answered I'm not here for hiking anyway but to take photographs.(just for an excuse)lol.

I got a room for only 250/day so I was smiling again thinking that I can't find a 500/day room at Iloilo City but here in this special place there are a lot of those. The shower room has a sign "P40/warm shower, but i settled with the cold shower instead, thinking I can tolerate the cold water. Of course I was wrong, the water is literally near to its freezing point so I was heavily shivering as i ran to my room. lol.

One hour after I checked in, I checked out. I changed my mind, I will be heading to Bontoc (the capital town of Mountain Province also the portal to Sagada) a 2 hour mountainous ride. I took pictures of the rice terraces, the guide told me that the most beautiful spot is at Batad (where amphitheater terraces is located), I just nodded (Ok, I will just reserve that for my next visit). Before I depart I ate my first and last breakfast at Banaue.hehe

Courtesy of Mr. Tricycle Driver



I met an old couple along the way
The highest point of the road to Bontoc
I caught you Mr. Caterpillar
fog fog fog!
terraces at the view point
lodging house


Oh yeah, I forget to mention I brought maps and 2 books with me "The backdoor to Enlightenment" a philosophical book. If you have questions about life, and you want to be "enlightened" (note: you might be mistaken by the meaning of enlightenment in your mind) shall I say this is the right book for you, which in my case, the one I needed at that very moment.

I arrived at Bondoc at 1PM. Found a 150/day Inn. Immediately after a while I departed to Sagada without knowing that the last trip from Sagada back to Bontoc is at 1PM, which means I will be stuck at Sagada, nevertheless I continued my Journey.

I visited the caves and the hanging coffins but it all seemed ordinary to me (I was not amazed actually). I decided to walk down my way back to Bontoc since the last trip has already departed way earlier. It was 4PM then, I was walking for about 45 minutes. While enjoying the Pine threes, birds' melodic music, fresh air, cold temperature, blue sky and all the nature that could offer, questions popped up in my mind, like why am I here? Where am I heading?I even came to the point where I ask myself what should I do with my life?. I just giggled when I found out the answer to those questions, suddenly I get excited, I want to go home and put my plans into action. Then I realized how can I go home? I am literally in the middle of nowhere. lol.

GOD is good. HE sent a white truck to hitch me.Riding at the back of the truck lets you experience the magnificent wonders of His creations. I even saw a rainbow, perhaps He set it all up to show me HIS confirmation, a sign that I am heading the right track.

I spent the night at Mountain Province, enjoyed the cool night, took pictures of the town and headed back home. I decided to take the Tabuc City, Kalinga- Tuguegarao route. The travel is a bit rough and scary because of the mountainous road condition, but all in all it was exciting. From Tuguegarao I rode a backbreaking 11 hours bus travel to Manila then flew back to Iloilo City.

The Hard Way

The Sign


Break


Tunnel Road


Top load

Some friends asked me "What are you doing? Why do you travel alone? Aren't you afraid?" I answered "It is SO CAlled SOul SEarching.At first I travel to lose myself. Then after, I realized I did not lose myself, instead I found myself. No I am not afraid, because the more you're afraid the less you accomplish."

Note: more photos will be uploaded to this post soon. Negative and positive comments are welcome, feel free to drop one.

No comments:

Post a Comment